St John's of Nepomucene Church in Auffach.
The Auffach Church is the newest of the Wildschönau churches and was built in 1799 in a Tirolean, late gothic style. Because most of the male population had been conscripted during the Napoleonic Wars, it was the women who built the church. The old bell in front of the church is dedicated to them.
Due to the constant threat of flooding the Church's patron is St John of Nepomucene, protector from floods and drowning. The roof frescos were added by local artist Toni Kirchmayr in 1925.
The little church in Auffach is a place of quiet prayer and contemplation.
- Saturdays at 7:00 p.m.
- Sundays at 8:30 a.m.