Thierbach is the smallest and highest village in the Wildschönau.
Before the year 1791 Thierbach belonged to the parish of Alpbach. Then the church was built.
The painting of St Michael, the church's patron saint by Josef Gold from Salzburg (around 1880) hangs over the altar. The statues are of St. Joachim, St. Anna, St. Jacob and John Nepomuk. The rest of the furnishings are the originals from the 18th century.
Mass: Sundays 8:30 a.m.